viernes, 5 de junio de 2009

Bob Brookmeyer Featuring Al Cohn (Storyville) 1954 - EP 10'' - from CD


Bob Brookmeyer Featuring Al Cohn

Brookmeyer - Valve Trombone; Al Cohn - Tenor; John Williams - Piano; Bill Anthony - Bass; Frank Isola - Drums.

Recorded 7th January 1954.


A great early session from trombonist Bob Brookmeyer -- recorded with a light easy swing that's similar to his mid 50s work with Stan Getz, and in a format that's possibly more relaxed overall! This time around, Bob's working with Al Cohn on tenor -- a nice choice for the date, and a player who gives the record a different feel than the more famous Getz-Brookmeyer combination of the time. The rest of the group includes John Williams on piano, Frank Isola on bass, and Bill Anthony on drums -- and there's some great interplay between Cohn's tenor and Bob's trombone -- the latter of which has that trademark compressed sound throughout! Titles include Jive At Five, In The Mode, Skylark, and Open Country. © 1996-2009, Dusty Groove America, Inc.


01. Open Country
02. Jive At Five
03. Polka Dots And Moonbeams
04. In the Mode
05. Skylark


Included in vvaa - Four Classic Albums ... Plus (Al Cohn Mr Music , Al Cohn Quintet Feat Bob Brookmeyer, Al & Zoot, Bob Brookmeyer Feat Al Cohn) (Avid)


'Al & Zoot' and 'Al Cohn Quintet Feat Bob Brookmeyer' albums are easily available on other releases.

13 comentarios:

ramson dijo...

Vbr Lame HQ Settings.
Not my rip.Cover only.

http://rapidshare.com/files
/241195160
/Bo._Broo._Fe._A.l_Co.__
Stor.__19__.rar

Orbyt dijo...

Always enjoy Cohn and Brookmeyer. Don't think I have anything with them playing together. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Descargador dijo...

Muchas Gracias!

moha dijo...

great! Great! I needed this LP so much! Thank You

hulaboy dijo...

Thanks, Ramson, I'd've never heard this otherwise.

jazzlover dijo...

Thank you,apreciate this wonderful post.

jazzlover dijo...

Thank you,apreciate this wonderful post !

jazzlover dijo...

Gracias per esto magnifico post !

DEEP dijo...

This is a find with the exception of one thing. The producers of this CD forgot that it was to be played at 45rpm. They transferred it at 33 1/3.
You now have a recording that has a pitch down a minor third from what it should be. I have a DOLBY S tape recorder with pitch control so I pitch corrected it. In it's CD form here it's like listening to Brooksie and Al trudging through blackstrap mollasses. Obviously the producers of the CD are *TONE DEAF*.

DEEP dijo...

This CD is good except for one major problem. The producers forgot to play and transfer it at 45 rpm. They did it at 33 1/3 so Brooksie and Cohn sound like they're trudging through black strap molasses. I have a pitch controlled tape recorder and corrected my copy using Dolby S. It's too bad for those of you who can't do it. You are hearing this music a minor third below the actual key of the tunes. The producers of this CD were either stoned or completely tone deaf.

DEEP dijo...

This Bob Brookmeyer CD featuring Al Cohn could have been a nice find except for one major flaw. It was supposed to be played at 45 rpm. Whoever produced this was either drunk, high or tone deaf. They played and transferred the EP at 33 1/3 rpm so all the music is a minor third low in pitch. It sounds like Brooksie and Cohn are trudging through black strap molasses.
I have a high quality tape recorder with pitch control and Dolby S so I made my own personal corrections. It's too bad for those without this luxury as you'll have to suffer through a flawed recording.

ramson dijo...

Uhmmm!!!

Well, then could you tell me the correct duration of these five tracks?

It's possible I can speed up this tracks with a software as ADOBE AUDITION if I know correct times. For example I think track 01 should have ( with a playing to 45 rpm) a length of 3 '47''110 milliseconds, is this so?

Greetings!

ramson dijo...

Well, really original vinyl is a LP 10'', not an EP 10'' as I had indicated on my post mistakenly, therefore I think duration of total tracks (24' 47'') is a normal duration for a LP 10''.

On the other hand one thing is certain: the sound of this edition, Four Classic Albums ... Plus (Al Cohn Mr Music , Al Cohn Quintet Feat Bob Brookmeyer, Al & Zoot, Bob Brookmeyer Feat Al Cohn), and other editions of the record label AVID, is a reprocessed sound and get a metallic and a little strange sound.

Ultimately I think Picht and duration of the songs is correct, although I can be wrong, of course.

Cheers and thanks for warning.