
Steve Leggett, All Music Guide
As if to make his best-known piece, "I Can't Get Started," particularly ironic, Bunny Berigan's heavy drinking and fast-paced lifestyle cut his life short in 1942 when he was only 33 years old, and all told, the swing trumpeter's recorded legacy doesn't even span a decade. Still, his incredible range on the instrument and his always beautiful tone have given him a deserved spot as one of the greatest trumpet players in the history of jazz. This five-disc, 124-track box from Britain's JSP Records collects Berigan's early work as a prized sideman through his later efforts as a bandleader, and includes sides from the Parlophone, Vocalion, and Brunswick labels, in effect duplicating the seven-disc Mosaic Records box set. The essentials are all here, including sessions with Bing Crosby, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, the Boswell Sisters, Artie Shaw, Eddie Condon, Gene Krupa, Joe Venuti, and many others.
Disc: 1
1. When I Take My Sugar to Tea - Auburn, Frank & His Orchestra
2. Rockin' Chair - Auburn, Frank & His Orchestra
3. Building a Home for You - Bob Haring & His Orchestra
4. At Your Command - Fred Rich & His Orchestra
5. Pardon Me Pretty Baby - Fred Rich & His Orchestra
6. On the Beach with You
7. Love Letters in the Sand
8. I Thank You Mister Moon - The Boswell Sisters, The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
9. By the Sycamore Tree - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
10. Why Did It Have to Be Me? - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
11. How Long Will It Last
12. Put That Sun Back in the Sky - The Boswell Sisters
13. Put That Sun Back in the Sky - The Boswell Sisters, The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
14. Too Many Tears
15. Everybody Loves My Baby - The Boswell Sisters, The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
16. Stop the Sun, Stop the Moon
17. What Would You Do
18. Face the Music Medley, Pt. 2 - Victor Young
19. Sing a New Song
20. I'm So in Love
21. Gosh Darn!
22. Crazy People
23. If I Had My Way About My Sweetie
24. Dream Sweetheart
25. Lawd, You Made the Night Too Long
Disc: 2
1. My Lips Want Kisses - Connee Boswell
2. Doggone, I've Done It - The Boswell Sisters
3. How Do You Do It? - Abe Lyman, Abe Lyman's California Orchestra
4. Someone Stole Gabriel's Horn - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
5. Underneath the Harlem Moon - Chick Bullock
6. Mighty River - Chick Bullock
7. All American Girl
8. Underneath the Harlem Moon
9. What Would Happen to Me If Something Happened to You? - Will Osborne & His Orchestra
10. I'll Never Have to Dream Again - Connee Boswell
11. Me Minus You - Connee Boswell
12. Sing (It's Good for You) - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
13. You'll Get By - Causer, Bob & His Cornellians
14. Going Going Gone - Chick Bullock
15. Low Down Upon the Harlem River - Chick Bullock
16. You've Got Me Crying Again - Chick Bullock
17. I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - Chick Bullock
18. Mood Hollywood - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
19. Someone Stole Gabriel's Horn - Bing Crosby, The Dorsey Brothers
20. Stay on the Right Side of the Road - Bing Crosby, The Dorsey Brothers
21. Shim Sham Shimmy - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
22. Is That Religion? - Mildred Bailey, The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
23. You'll Never Get Up to Heaven That Way - Connee Boswell
24. In a Little Second Hand Store - Connee Boswell
25. Keep Looking Forward - Art Kahn & His Orchestra
Disc: 3
1. You've Got Everything - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
2. Sweet Madness - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
3. Savage Serenade - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
4. She's Funny That Way - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
5. Coffee in the Morning, Kisses in the Night - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
6. Sittin' on a Log - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
7. I Raised My Hat - Adrian Rollini & His Orchestra
8. She Reminds Me of You
9. Judy - The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra
10. On Account'a I Love You
11. Honeysuckle Rose - Red Norvo
12. With All My Heart and Soul - Red Norvo
13. Bughouse - Red Norvo
14. Blues in E flat - Red Norvo
15. Blues Serenade - Glenn Miller Orchestra
16. Moonlight on the Ganges - Glenn Miller Orchestra
17. In a Little Spanish Town - Glenn Miller Orchestra
18. Solo Hop - Glenn Miller Orchestra
19. What's the Reason? - The Mound City Blue Blowers
20. She's a Latin from Manhattan - The Mound City Blue Blowers
21. You've Been Taking Lessons in Love - The Mound City Blue Blowers
22. (Back Home Again In) Indiana - The Mound City Blue Blowers
23. I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket - Chick Bullock
24. Sing an Old Fashioned Song - Chick Bullock
25. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter - Chick Bullock
Disc: 4
1. It's Been So Long - Bunny Berigan
2. I'd Rather Lead a Band - Bunny Berigan
3. Let Yourself Go - Bunny Berigan
4. Swing Mr. Charlie - Bunny Berigan
5. Melody from the Sky - Bunny Berigan
6. I Can't Get Started - Bunny Berigan
7. Little Bit Later On - Bunny Berigan
8. Rhythm Saved the World - Bunny Berigan
9. Just to Be in Caroline - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
10. It Ain't Nobody's Business What I Do - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
11. And Still No Luck with You - Chick Bullock
12. I'm an Old Cowhand - Chick Bullock
13. I Nearly Let Love Go Slipping Through My Fingers - Bunny Berigan
14. But Definitely - Bunny Berigan
15. If I Had My Way - Bunny Berigan
16. When I'm with You - Bunny Berigan
17. Dear Old Southland - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
18. Dardanella - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
19. It Ain't Right - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
20. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
21. In a Sentimental Mood - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
22. Whatcha Gonna Do When There Ain't No Swing - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
23. Organ Grinder's Swing - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
24. Rhythm Lullaby - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
25. It All Begins and Ends with You - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
Disc: 5
1. I'm One Step Ahead of My Shadow - Dick McDonough & His Orchestra
2. That Foolish Feeling - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
3. Where Are You? - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
4. In a Little Spanish Town - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
5. Goona Goo - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
6. Who's Afraid of Love? - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
7. One in a Million - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
8. Blue Lou - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
9. I'm Gonna Kiss Myself Goodbye - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
10. Big Boy Blue - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
11. Dixieland Shuffle - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
12. Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) - Bunny Berigan & His Orchestra
13. What Is There to Say? - Bud Freeman & His Windy City Five
14. Buzzard - Bud Freeman & His Windy City Five
15. Tillie's Downtown Now - Bud Freeman & His Windy City Five
16. Keep Smilin' at Trouble - Bud Freeman & His Windy City Five
17. Willow Tree - Mildred Bailey & Her Alley Cats
18. Honeysuckle Rose - Mildred Bailey & Her Alley Cats
19. Squeeze Me - Mildred Bailey & Her Alley Cats
20. Downhearted Blues - Mildred Bailey & Her Alley Cats
21. You Took Advantage of Me - Bunny Berigan
22. Chicken and Waffles - Bunny Berigan
23. I'm Coming Virginia - Bunny Berigan
24. Blues - Bunny Berigan
2 comentarios:
I already had posted it in other blog a long time ago.
@256 Lame.
Not my rip. Scans.
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95515389/CD_1_-_1931.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95518217/CD_1_-_1931.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95690334/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95703063/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95715427/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95727230/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95738596/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files
/95741704/B._B._-_T._K._S.
part6.rar
thanks a lot !!!!
must be a great box :-)
Publicar un comentario