
Oliver Nelson -as,ts; Lem Winchester -vib; Richard Wyands -p;
George Duvivier -b; Roy Haynes -d;
Recorded August 23, 1960 in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
NOCTURNE 3.46
BOB'S BLUES 5.31
MAN WITH A HORN 6.08
EARLY MORNING 4.48
IN A SENTIMENTAL MOOD 6.15
AZUR'TE 5.42
TIME AFTER TIME 7.24
Moodsville MVLP13
Review by Ron Wynn
An interesting, if somewhat low-key, session from 1960 with alto saxophonist Oliver Nelson working alongside vibist Lem Winchester doing straight-ahead and soul jazz material. Winchester plays in a rangy, effective, subdued manner, with Nelson and pianist Richard Wynands generating what sparks do erupt. Bassist George Duvivier and drummer Roy Haynes, usually a fiery type, also seemed to team so smoothly that they didn't push the beat.
Review by Scott Yanow
This relaxed set (originally on the Prestige subsidiary Moodsville) puts the emphasis on ballads and slower material. Nelson (switching between alto and tenor) is joined by vibraphonist Lem Winchester, pianist Richard Wyands, bassist George Duvivier and drummer Roy Haynes for four standards and three of his originals (including the swinging "Bob's Blues"). Everyone plays well but the intentional lack of mood variation keeps this release from being all that essential.
12 comentarios:
Thank you, Ramson.
Don't know if anyone else will run into this but when I extracted the file, nothing appeared. I had to go to Control Panel>Folder Options and select "Show Hidden". Enjoying what I've heard so far.
Sorry yewsta, I had that folder hidden!
Cheers!!
Thank You for posting this recording ramson - i enjoy listening to anything that Lem Winchester plays on so i am looking forward to this new to me material - best wishes from arshille
Thank you very much
Does not work with winrar or
7-zip
Can you please upload again this
fantstic LP?
link is ok!
You must attach all lines of link.
I can open it with winrar; maybe you have update your version of winrar.
Cheers!
In addition you must do avalaible hidden folders cause I had that folder hidden!
New link without hidden folder:
Vbr Lame High Quality settings.
Not my rip.
Front cover only.
http://rapidshare.com/files
/272676862/Ol.__Nel._-_Noct.rar
merci
Great ! Thank you.
Publicar un comentario